Nowadays, wherever you see everyone has started their own business and making money. There are many brand new businesses coming up which can be a good startup option. Often it encourages you to enter the world of entrepreneurship but you feel unacquainted of the different business models or which one is the best for you. Each one of them has their own merits and demerits. But a successful startup is what will keep you going and sustain you through the competitive market.
Dropship business model is the one for you especially if you are a beginner. Advantages of drop shipping business model are undoubtedly amazing and work better than the competitors. Still, we will make you clear with comparing other business models with dropship business.
What is drop shipping?
Drop shipping is a fulfillment business model where you run an online store for selling different products. You are the owner of a business without even owning the inventory. You, the retailer, acquire the goods from the websites who run drop ship programs and then sells those goods on your website. If you get an order on your website, you pass that order to your drop shipping company to fulfill it. They pack and ship the order to your customer. Your profit is the margin between the price you charged your customer on your website and the price your drop shipping company charges you to fulfill the order of your customers.
The biggest mistake an entrepreneur makes is to run the business in his style. He thinks of making more in a unique way that is never being used. No matter how cool your idea is or how different you put up your ideas into a business, it needs to be practical enough. Drop shipping business model is a simple yet straightforward method of running a successful business. You can get started with choosing your choice of products to sell just by creating your own website. But you should remember one thing, that if you are new to this business and are not aware of the competitors, you should go for the branded and best selling products.
You will need time to gain the market knowledge. So, before stepping into the business world, do a little bit research about the suppliers. A reliable supplier is the only key to run your business flawlessly. As your customers will get their orders directly from your suppliers you should be dealing with a good and responsible supplier. They are the only one to satisfy the customers as you won’t be dealing with the packaging and shipping of the orders you confirm. You should also research about the products you are going to sell that how much in demand they are. They should have a quality and popularity to maintain the traffic on your website. Let’s move forward with knowing the benefits of drop shipping business.
Benefits of drop shipping business
Dropship is the most convenient and attractive business that helps an individual to learn about the tactics of the markets and gradually grasps their hands over running a business easily. There are several advantages of drop shipping business model.
- Less investment needed: You don’t need a hefty amount to invest while starting a drop shipping business. You don’t have to buy any stock in advance. You only have to purchase a product when you have any order to fulfill and that too after you get the payment from your customer.
- Location freedom: You can run a drop shipping business from anywhere you want. As you don’t have to buy any stock, there is no need of running a warehouse. You can operate your business from your home just with a laptop and an internet connection.
- Less risky: One of the important benefits of drop shipping business model is that it carries less risk than any other business model. You only have to purchase or pay for the goods when you get an order from your customer and are already paid for it. Also, if a product is returned you have your refund back.
- Wider product selection: As you don’t have to purchase the stock and invest much, you can freely choose a large variety of products. You can test as much as products you wish to sell. You can also change your products according to the season and trend which is a very good advantage of drop shipping business model.
- Easy to scale: You don’t have to fulfill each and every order by yourself. You don’t have to deal with the shipping and packaging of the products which makes it easier to scale this business. Whether you deal with a single customer or many of them, the work is almost the same and needs seconds of time to fulfill an order.
Why prefer dropshipping over other business models?
There are different types of business models and it is important to understand them in detail to choose the best for you. Here we will be comparing them with drop ship business model to give you a clearer view.
- Make: Making your own product and selling them is one of the most common business models. It is beneficial because it’s up to us to control the quality of a product while making. You can sell your products at a higher price to the customers. But then you have to buy the raw materials, store the goods, manage them, and hire the labors as employees. You are at a risk when your products do not run well in the market. It is also time-consuming as compared to drop ship business model where you have ample of time.
- Manufacture: There is another option of manufacturing when you want to avoid the hassle of producing the goods. You can find a manufacturer who will make goods for you. This business model only works when you are sure your products will sell as it requires a huge capital investment. This again stands nowhere when we come to benefits of drop shipping business model. Dropship requires less investment, less work, less risk, and much of the benefits.
- Wholesale: In wholesale business model, you have to buy the inventory from the manufacturers. You acquire the products at a discount rate as you buy them in a bulk amount. You can resell the products in higher margins. But to stock, hold and manage the inventory and dealing with distinct demands of the suppliers becomes a daunting task. Drop shipping is away from all the issues, and hence being the best option. Having no need of buying the stock and managing a warehouse makes it stand apart.
- Retail Arbitrage: This one has also become a popular business over few years. In this business, an individual generally deals with the stores who are going to liquidate their merchandise. The liquidation stores sell their product at very low prices which you can resell at high prices making a large profit. Customers do not have access to these stores so they are willing to buy the products at any price. But it is very difficult to search such stores, thus is a temporary business. It needs running constantly, and finding stores to acquire the products is a worst drawback. In drop shipping, you have hundreds of suppliers to choose from.
- Affiliate marketing: Affiliate marketing is when you suggest a customer of different business. If a customer buys something from your suggested option you earn the commission. You deal as a mediator owning nothing of your personal. You don’t have to deal with the selling and fulfilling process and acquiring of products. But you are not running a business. You are just a mediator and nothing more than that.You get commission on a monthly basis like a job and the profit is way low than every other business that we have listed here. You don’t have a recognition in the market or any foundation or customer base. You have to constantly keep searching for the new grown businesses in the market. Dropship gives you a reputation and the most important thing is you earn good margins and can scale your business.
- Consignment: Consignment refers to the type of business where you acquire the stock in your warehouse and try to sell them to customers. You won’t have to pay the owner for the goods you acquire. You have to pay for the stock until the product sells which means you are at low risk. But with great rewards come great risks.
There is no certainty when the products will get sold or they even will. It becomes very difficult to sell products many times as they are not popular enough. You also have to manage a warehouse which counts as an investment with no earning. Again drop ship business model comes with the positive side here. Neither you have to deal with the stock nor have you to pay anything upfront.
Advantages of drop shipping business model are unparallel and relatively risk-free. Having low barriers to enter drop ship business makes it the most chosen business. Its low overhead costs with good and profitable margins promise you the sustainability of the business. No other business can beat the benefits of drop shipping business model.
Best Dropship wholesale supplier
After knowing the advantages of drop shipping business model we are sure you would be eager to search for some good drop ship distributors. DropshipHerbalSupplements.com is the best manufacturer and wholesaler of natural health supplements and herbal products. Natural products are preferred from ages due to their distinct qualities and are always in demand. Dropship with herbal supplements is considered a profitable deal because they can never go out of trend. People believe in them and you won’t have to gain people’s attention for selling your products.
Benefits of drop shipping business can be achieved easily when you opt for DropshipHerbalSupplements.com as your wholesale supplier. They have a number of products to choose from and are well known for their efficiency to serve their drop ship partners with best services. With years of experience and reputed name in the market, manufacturers of herbal products are on everyone’s top list. Make them your drop ship partner and cherish the benefits of drop shipping business.